Goodbye! (Farewell to media blogs blog...)

Reflection: a thought, idea, or opinion formed, or a remark made as a result of meditation. Consideration of some subject matter, idea, or purpose.

We have come to the end of a long journey. Surprisingly, I’m sad to see it ending. Writing these media blogs has forced me to realize how much media I consume daily, and how it impacts me in life. Let’s just say, I consume a lot of media. Between watching YouTube and TV, to seeing advertisements in my daily life, the amount of media I consume is large. Despite the fact that the amount of media that I consume has stayed the same after writing these media blogs, the perspective I have on the media is different. In a way, I have learned techniques to help me “break through the clutter” that is media.

Although blogging about media didn’t really change my habits, I definitely became more aware when consuming media. For sure, when I am watching advertisements, I criticize them and am aware of the techniques they’re using to sell their product. Now, I can cackle and be like, “Nope! You can’t trick me!” Or, if I’m watching a TV show, I’m more cognizant of the stereotypes and assumptions that they show portrays. OR, if all of the YouTube videos that show up in my “recommended” relate to things I’m interested in, I won’t be shocked and confused - I can confidently say, “That’s because of data-mining!” Learning about media this semester makes me feel very knowledgeable and powerful because I am able to see past marketing gimmicks that others might actually fall for.

This has really shown me that it is important to have media literacy. If one did not know any of the things that we learned this semester, they would be lost in the modern world of media. They would fall for so many things and be easily influenced. However, when one has media literacy, they can look past all of that and understand the media better. Writing this blog has improved my media literacy, so hopefully I won’t be one of those people that’s easily influenced!

Overall, I am sad to stop doing these blogs. Writing them has actually been pretty fun, and I can’t believe it’s over. Even though this is just a “homework assignment,” it feels weird that this is my last post! Well, good luck in the world of media.


‘till next time,

Larissa 😉

Comments

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Representation in Curology

Sumo Wrestling & Unexpected Advertisements

Ads on YouTube = Data Mining